Thursday, December 4, 2014

"The Infinite Sea" by Rick Yancey

Unlike some other readers who reviewed this book, I really enjoyed this sequel. If you have not read it and are hesitant to pick it up because of lukewarm reviews, I suggest you give it a try first. I liked The Infinite Sea much better than The 5th Wave (see my review here). The first book was really slow going for me, especially the first 150 pages or so. The Infinite Sea, on the other hand, is well written, things move along at a nice pace and a new twist to the whole situation is gradually introduced. Since this is part 2 in a trilogy, there is not much I can share about the plot without giving away too much. The story continues where it left off in The 5th Wave. The main characters are still trying to survive and evade silencers, Commander Vosch and his recruits. Cassie, Evan and Ringer are really starting to question everything they know about the alien invasion. In particular, they try to make sense of why would a technologically advanced species need to stage several waves of invasion when they could have easily wiped out the entire humankind. I really liked diving deeper into the minds of the main characters (especially Ringer). Overall, this is a very good sequel, I can't wait to read the conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment