Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Let It Snow" by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle

This is definitely a nice book to read around Christmas. It is a compilation of three stories by three different authors. All three stories are set in the same location and have common characters. Each story zeroes in on a different couple, but you will see them again in the following stories. Reading this book reminded me of watching "Love Actually" or "New Year's Eve", the movies that have several story lines, but the characters all one way or another know each other and all come together at the very end. Overall, I would say the stories get progressively better as you go along. So I liked the final one best of all. John Green wrote the second one, and I was a bit disappointed in it. I guess I had high expectations for his writing. Definitely a great book to curl up with near a Christmas tree with a cup of hot chocolate. These are all fluffy love stories with couples finding true love or reuniting on Christmas Eve/Day. It will also make a great holiday present for a book-lover in your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment