Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Reading during Holidays

With Thanksgiving behind us, my next several posts will be centered around holiday reads and reading during holidays.

My most cherished childhood/college memories have to do with reading during winter breaks. Growing up, my parents did not have much money and my brother and I did not get lots of presents for Christmas. However, I always got a good book as a gift from my mom. I remember the feeling of anticipation that I would get a new book to read and then actually reading it late into the night sitting on the couch by the twinkling Christmas tree in the family room. Those are the moments I treasure as I think about holidays. It is also a reminder to me that it does not matter how small is the gift, what we will remember is how that gift made us feel. Books were always my favorite presents to get, and my family always knew the types of books I loved: a mix of adventure and historical fiction, mysteries or detective stories. That love for books never died, and I still prefer getting books to just about anything else for the holidays. So this year, I already got quite a few books to read over the holidays and December is definitely shaping up to be a great reading month for me. Stay tuned for updates on the best holiday reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment