Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Twin Souls" by DelSheree Gladden

I picked up Twin Souls because I really enjoyed DelSheree Gladden's Destroyer trilogy (see my review here). Her writing is fast-paced and addictive. You get immersed in the story and keep wanting more long after it is over. Twin Souls was no exception, and luckily it is a trilogy so I have two more books to go. 

Unlike The Destroyer trilogy, this is not a dystopian novel. Twin Souls is an urban fantasy, rooted in the Native American mythology and legends. Personally, I love mythology and I had high expectations about the book before I even started reading it. 

As all great legends, it is centered around a love story of a great hero. Uriah and Claire seem to be made for each other and despite her father's objections, they are making plans for a summer wedding. Following their parents' wishes, they go to the elders to receive permission for a wedding on the tribal lands. To everyone's utter shock and dismay, the tribe's shaman denies their request. She claims to have gotten a vision which precludes her from granting them permission to get married. Nothing like this had happened for as long as anyone can remember, and if the shaman is telling the truth, all legends and fairy tales Uriah grew up with are real. This visit to the elders sets in motion the chain of events which will test Uriah and Claire's love and put Uriah on the path to self-discovery and realization of his own nature and destiny. 


The book is well-written. The story is unique and authentic. I highly recommend this book to everyone who likes mythology, legends and the supernatural. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading Twin Souls and taking the time to write such a lovely review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the story :) Thanks so much for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete