Friday, December 30, 2016

Checking in on my 2016 reading goals


Goals for 2016
End of Year Status
Read 85 books in 2016
So far I have read 107 and will most likely complete another one bringing the total number of books read in 2016 to 108.
Read 10 classics
Surpassed this goal as well - I read 11 classics in 2016.
Review 12 ARCs
I have reviewed 11, and I do have one more to review, but the release date is January 3, so I will probably start reading it tonight or tomorrow. It is unlikely I will finish it this year, but overall I did well on this goal.
Read mostly the books I own
Out of 108 books read this year, 60 came from my local library. Even though I am a big fan of public libraries, I do have a lot of unread books on my shelves and in my e-reader. So I could definitely do better in this area next year.
Reading challenge (52 books of various themes and genres – see the link)
Completed. I read 52 books to meet this challenge: one per each category. I did not count any books toward more than one category.

No comments:

Post a Comment