Wednesday, December 14, 2016

"Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice


9646229
Since we are almost to the end of 2016, I decided to go back to the reading goals I set for myself back in January and see if I can make the final push to complete them.  One of the challenges on the list was “read a book that came out the year I was born”. My choice for this category was Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire. I had tried reading this book a few years ago and had to set it aside. So this time, I wanted to really push myself and give it a chance. So many people love Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles that I really wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

I must say it took me a while to get through this relatively short novel. I can see the appeal this book might have for others. It could be viewed as very sensual and even lyrical. To me, big chunks of it just seemed morbid.  I guess I am just over the whole vampire thing. The book definitely had its moments. There are unexpected twists in the story which held my interest. But overall, it is not my cup of tea. I will not be reading other novels in the series.  I must say that the writing is really good. 3 out of 5 stars - mostly for the superb writing as I was not a fan of the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment