Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Reading Goals

Since I did so well on my reading goals last year, I decided to set up some new reading challenges for myself for 2016. Overall, my goals are:

1. Read 85 books in 2016
Even though I read over a hundred books last year, I am planning to read some thick novels in 2016 and am therefore setting a lower goal in terms of the number of books I am planning to read.

2. Read the books I own
This might seem like a strange goal, but I looked over the list of books I read in 2015 and out of 113 total, 49 books were from the library. At the same time I own probably close to 400 books both in paper and electronic formats and most of them remain unread. The problem is I love libraries and end up checking out a lot of books every time I go there. So in 2016, I'd like to focus on the books I own.

3. Read 10 classics
I managed to read 10 classics in 2015 and I think I should be able to do it again in 2016.

4. Read an ARC a month and post a review
In 2015, I read 14 ARCs (advanced reading copies) that I received through NetGalley. I would like to continue reviewing books for them, and 12 in a year should be manageable. I already have 3 ARCs for some upcoming books so am off to a good start.

5. Complete the below reading challenge (originally compiled by popsugar.com for 2015)
I really liked the various categories in this challenge and I think if I follow this, I will read broader than I tend to and venture into interesting territories.


No comments:

Post a Comment