Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag

I saw this tag going around YouTube and I thought it was a good way to review my reading progress this year. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find who created this tag originally, but I really like the questions, so let's jump right in! I have reviews for most of the books listed below, so you can click on the title if you want to know more of my thoughts on them.

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016. 
The Stranger by Albert Camus

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2016.
The City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
The Fate of the Tearling, the third book in the Queen of the Tearling trilogy

5. Biggest disappointment.
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye

6. Biggest surprise.
The WondLa trilogy by Tony DiTerlizzi was truly delightful. I did not expect to like it as much as I did

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Truman Capote. I read a new release about him in January (The Swans of Fifth Avenue), and have been fascinated by his writing ever since.

8. Newest fictional crush.
I don’t think I’ve had any recently. The closest that comes to mind is Gabriel from Omens by Kelly Armstrong

9. Newest favorite character.
Eva Nine from the middle grade WondLa series.

10. Book that made you cry.
Easy by Tammara Webber

11. Book that made you happy.
First & Then by Emma Mills. It’s about football

12. The most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
If they mean the cover and binding here, then it’ll have to be The Crown’s Game

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Looking over my goals for the year and progress to date, here is where I stand:

Goals for 2016
Progress to date
Read 85 books in 2016
So far I have read 69. So I will definitely surpass the goal.
Read 10 classics
7 read so far – doing great.
Review 12 ARCs
8 reviewed and one more will be read in July - well on target here.
Read mostly the books I own
I have to admit I am not doing that great with this one. I keep borrowing books from the library and ignore the books on my shelf and in my e-reader. As of right now, out of 69 books that I’ve read so far, 42 came from my local library.
Reading challenges (52 books of various themes and genres – see the link)
I have met 30 out of 52 challenges at this point, so I am pretty confident I will complete all 52 by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment