Thursday, June 11, 2015

Reading Plans for June and the Rainbow Read-a-thon

Looking over the list of books I have read so far in 2015, I noticed that I've been reading a lot of library books (both e-books and physical copies). So in June, I decided to only read physical books I own (as opposed to e-books). This way, I will finally get to some books I've been meaning to read for a while and also will hopefully free up some shelf space. 

In addition, this month, I am participating in the Rainbow Readathon created by a group of wonderful ladies over at Carpe Librum (@carpethislibrum on Twitter). As the name suggests, the idea is to pick 4 to 6 books with spines that correspond to rainbow colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple, and read them for a week starting June 15. Two of the colors can be combined, but that can be done no more than twice. I think this is a really fun idea and an interesting way to pick something to read off the shelf, so I am going to try and do this. Since, I have limited time to read during the week because of work and family commitments, I am going to give myself a bit more than a week. I am going to start on Saturday June 13 and finish on Sunday June 21, thus, giving myself two weekends to do most of the reading. And here are the books I chose:

1. RED and BLUE: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

20312470

2. ORANGE and YELLOW: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

16101168

3. GREEN: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

21850308

4. PURPLE: Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol

9615347

So if I read the three books and one graphic novel featured above, I will have in nine days read 1,222 pages! Since I normally read about 2 - 2.5 books of about the same size a week, I think this should be doable especially since I am giving myself an extra weekend. Stay tuned for results!

No comments:

Post a Comment