Sunday, December 30, 2018

Checking in on my 2018 reading goals

It is that time of year! With just a couple more reading days left in 2018, I decided to review how I did on my reading goals.

2018 goals
Status
Read 100 books
Completed. I read 111 books this year. However, I also listened to a lot of audiobooks and was able to meet this goal only because of listening to books during my commute to and from work.
Read mostly the books I already own
Completed. 61 books out of 111 were from my own shelves/e-reader. The rest were borrowed from my local library.
Read 10 classics I've never read before
I only read 6.
Re-read 10 books
I only re-read 6 books.
Finish off 5 series I had started prior to 2018
Completed.
Read and review 7 ARCs
I read and reviewed 12 ARCs, so significantly exceeded this one.
Read 5 non-fiction books
This year was definitely a year of non-fiction for me. I read 14 non-fiction books. For someone who used to read none, this is a great accomplishment.

So, no big surprises. I did very well overall. As in previous years, the one area where I struggle is reading classics. I did read 10 classics overall in 2018, but only 6 were new to me, the other 4 were re-reads. Here is the snapshot of my year in books from Goodreads. I do like this feature and always look forward to reviewing it at the end of each year.



No comments:

Post a Comment