Sunday, January 1, 2017

Reading Goals for 2017

Here we are on the first day of 2017 and of course it is time to set my reading goals for the new year!

I am setting my Goodreads goal to 85 books again. I read 108 books in 2016, but I do really want to tackle some big fantasy books this year so would like to keep the overall number manageable.

Just as last year, I would like to read 10 classics in 2017 To keep myself on track, I have put together a list of specific books/authors I would like to read:

Specific books I'd like to read in 2017
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

Specific authors I'd like to read in 2017
Vladimir Nabokov
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Charles Dickens
Truman Capote
John Steinbeck

This year, I would also like to read 5 non-fiction books, and finish off 5 series that I have started but did not complete.

And finally, I would like to review 10 advance reading copies (ARCs), but it will of course depend on how many ARCs I will receive this year. I do have 2 already that I will be reading in January and February. 

Here is to another great reading year!

No comments:

Post a Comment