Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Series I want to start next year


 
The end of the year is definitely the time to start thinking about plans and resolutions for the coming year. I am planning to do a separate post on my reading goals. However, since this week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is also focused on reading objectives for 2016, I could not pass it by. As usual, if you'd like to know more about Top 5 Wednesday, it is a Goodreads group and the link to the page is here.

Now without further ado, here are the five series I would very much like to start is 2016.


1. Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger


6381205

This is a 5-book adult steam punk series that I keep hearing great things about. I own all five books in the series and as far as I know there will be no more books coming out. The thing I dislike about long series in which books do not have self-contained plots is the long wait until the next installment. Oftentimes, I forget a lot of things in the previous books and have to either go back and re-read the series or look up summaries on the internet. In this case, all the books are out so 2016 is a great time to pick them up.

2. Selection by Kiera Cass


10507293

This is an on-going series, but my understanding is that the first three books can be read as a stand-alone trilogy. I have seen mixed reviews of this series but at the same time I am interested in it. I don't want to get spoiled on the plot so I purposely have not read much about these books. I only know that it is a Cinderella-type story that also includes royalty and romance. So sounds like a perfect series to relax with.

3. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes


12954620

This is a young adult fantasy series that is extremely popular and has great reviews. In fact. Lainey from GingerReadsLainey who started the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads group talks about this series all the time and highly recommends it. I think there will be either 6 or 7 books in the series and 4 are currently out. I am really curious about this series and do hope that I can get to it this year.

4. Angelfall by Susan Ee


15863832

This is another series that I hear only good things about. In fact, I don't think I've seen a bad review of this trilogy. It is supposed to be really fast-paced fallen angels books and seems like I should be able to just breeze through them.

5. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery


18051146

I never read these books or watched the movies and I hear it is a really good children's classic. I am not sure i will read the entire series, but I would definitely like to pick up at least the first book.

2 comments:

  1. The Selection is great, it's light and fun and something you don't need long to finish it! :-)
    And I am also SO excited for Fallen Kingdoms, in fact it's on my T5W too!

    Great post!

    Gina @ A Thousand Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really looking forward to reading the Selection! And yes I agree Fallen Kingdoms looks really good.

      Delete