Sunday, December 27, 2015

My 2015 in Books

It is December 27th so I thought this would be a good time to review the reading goals I set for myself back in January and see how I did.

1. I wanted to read 70 books in 2015. I ended up reading 113! Yes, this is the most books I've read in a year in my entire life (some of my other hobbies ended up on the back burner).

2. I wanted to read more classics. I am proud to report that I read 10 classics this year.

3. My next goals was to read at least one book in Russian. I am happy to say I read 3 books in Russian in 2015.

4. I planned to read a biography. I read Persepolis, Persepolis 2 and Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi, all autobiographical graphic novels. I also read Wild by Cheryl Strayed - also an autobiographical book recounting the author's hike on the Pacific Coast Trail.

5. I wanted to read a book written entirely in verse.  Just yesterday, I finished Rumble by Ellen Hopkins, a heart-breaking and poignant story of a teenager dealing with his brother's suicide and tackling the eternal issues of faith, God, guilt, difficult parents and relationship issues.

6. My last goal was to catch up on some series I had previously started. I did OK in this category. I definitely finished off some series, but I also started a few new ones, so this is an ongoing goal.

Overall, my reading progress is presented in the photo below (courtesy of Goodreads).


No comments:

Post a Comment