Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Series


And here we are again with Top 5 Wednesday. I skipped the last two Wednesdays because I did not really have a top five in the categories that were chosen, but decided to give it a shot this week. The characters I will mention below do not necessarily deserve an entire series, but I would definitely be interested in reading more about them, perhaps a stand alone or a novella.

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey who can be found on YouTube as GingerReadsLainey. And the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads group can be found here.

1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

I just recently read the second book in this duology called P.S. I Still Love You - loved it. And I think Jenny Han could definitely write spin off books about Lara Jean's sisters. Margot is away in Scotland for most of the two books and we don't really get to see how things go for her there after her final break up with Josh. In addition, I really love Lara Jean's younger sister Kitty. I think Jenny Han should revisit that character in a few years and write a book about her.

2. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

I have a feeling that a lot of people will be nominating this character for a spin-off/prequel series. Yes, I am talking about the Darkling - lonely, ruthless, power hungry, and fascinating. It would be such a treat to glimpse into his centuries-long past - he must have had an incredible history before Alina ever met him. Bardugo is writing a spin-off series set in the same world, but it is not about the Darkling.

3. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

My favorite character in the Twilight series was Edward's sister Alice. I would love to see how things turned out for her down the road. It would also be interesting to get a novella expanding on the back story that we got about her in the series.

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I think the world that Mead created is so rich and populated with so many characters that you could have your pick at who could be the star of the next spin-off series. I personally think that Rose's dad - Ibrahim "Abe" Mazur - would make a great character of a stand alone book or perhaps even a series. He has shady dealings with vampires and humans alike and probably gets into all sorts of sticky and interesting situations worthy of a book.

5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Now, this is not a series, so the side character I will mention is probably worthy of a book or a novella rather than a series. I am talking about Tsukiko - the contortionist who had won the previous magical competition. I think she is such an interesting character and has a great back story that could be further expanded on in a separate book. I would definitely pick it up.

2 comments:

  1. Reading a book in Alice's view would be amazing! Here is my Top 5: http://mooneyesrandomsmile.blogspot.ca/2015/07/top-five-wednesday-side-characters-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Alice and as long as there is no mention of Edward and Bella, would consider picking up a book featuring her. I saw her mentioned on several lists.

    ReplyDelete