Tuesday, December 31, 2019

My 2019 in Review

It is the last day of 2019, and a perfect time to take a look at some of my reading stats. Overall, I am pretty happy with how I did. I read 107 books total. The graph below shows the breakdown by genre.

I am especially happy about the fact that I read 12 classics and 8 non-fiction books. Those are the two genres I always want to read more of.

Finishing the following four titles in particular gave me a tremendous sense of accomplishment as a reader: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner, The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

Here are some other fun stats.




I think this is a pretty balanced picture in terms of formats and own/library. Audiobooks continued to have a strong presence in my daily commute. In fact, if not for audiobooks, I would not have read as many books. In terms of quality, I definitely read a lot of middle of the way books that did not make a huge impression on me. As I go into the new year and make plans for 2020, one of the things I would like to focus on is reading more titles that have withstood the test of time. New hyped up releases with pretty covers have been a source of much disappointment for me.

Happy New Year, everyone! May it be filled with magical stories that make our lives brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment