Friday, October 9, 2015

"Vengeance Road" by Erin Bowman


23719270
Vengeance Road is a young adult western, and was one of my top five most anticipated new releases for this fall. I did enjoy the book. It is very well written, and the story is fast-paced and interesting. One downside for me (and the reason why I rated the book at 4 and not 5 stars) is that it is filled with all the cliches one might anticipate in a western. We have a lone survivor searching for revenge who along the way finds new friends and a romantic interest, earns the respect of Native Americans, and survives against all odds. I did like the fact that the main protagonist is a young girl. There was also a twist in the end that I did not see coming. The romantic story line was a bit weak for me. I tend to not trust love interests that decide to be absent for a while for no apparent reason. Overall, an enjoyable read with a strong female lead and an interesting plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment