Friday, September 18, 2015

Top 5 New Releases of This Fall

We are already half way through September, so I thought I would do a post on my top 5 most anticipated releases for this fall. They are listed chronologically by release date.

1. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman

23719270

This book already came out on September 1, 2015. I am really interested in it. Not only does it have a cool cover, but the genre fascinates me. It is supposed to be a YA Western/revenge story. The main protagonist is a strong young female.  I purposely have not looked up a lot of information about the book as I do not want to be spoiled on the plot. However, the entire concept fascinates me and I cannot wait to pick this one up.

2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
23437156

This is the first book in Bardugo's new series set in the same world as her bestselling Grisha Trilogy. I personally loved the world of Grisha. It is very unique and different from most other high fantasy novels. The world is inspired by Russian/Eastern European culture and has a very interesting magic system. A lot of book reviewers have gotten advanced copies of this book and reviews have been excellent. I do plan on reading it, but will probably hold off until book 2 comes out. I really dislike waiting a year for the next book in a series. Six of Crows is coming out on September 29th.

3. The Sword of Summer (The Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan

15724396

Who writes better middle-grade mythology-based series than Rick Riordan? I don't know of anyone. He certainly did a great job with Percy Jackson and Greek and Roman mythology. Also, who does not like Viking lore and myths? Ever since I first heard about this book almost a year ago, I have been itching to get my hands on it. October 6 is the release date and it cannot get here soon enough.

4. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith

24106033

If you don't know that Robert Galbraith is the pen-name of J.K. Rowling, you've been living under a rock. Also, if you've been reading my blog for a while,  you know that I didn't like Rowling's first non-Harry Potter book Casual Vacancy. I do however enjoy her Cormoran Strike detective stories. They are very well-written, unpredictable and engaging. Cannot wait to read Book 3. It is coming out on October 20th.

5. Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer

13206900

Lunar Chronicles is a sci-fi fairy tale retelling, and is incredibly well-done. I read books 1 and 2 Cinder and Scarlet earlier this year and cannot wait to continue with the series. Winter is the last book in the series and is scheduled for release on November 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment