Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"Armada" by Ernest Cline


16278318
Ernest Cline is better known as the author of the bestselling Ready Player One - a novel which combines sci-fi, virtual reality, gaming and a treasure hunt. I have a review of that book on my blog here. Needless to say I loved it and could not say enough good things about it. Armada is Cline's second novel and also features sci-fi gaming. If you like Carl Sagan, classic sci-fi films and aliens, this is a book for you. I would call it a gamer's version of Sagan's Contact, or a cross between The Last Starfighter and Contact. It has all the elements I loved in Cline's first book: endless quips, pop culture references, and fast-paced story telling. I did notice that Armada has not been getting the greatest ratings. But I really enjoyed it, and I hope Cline will write more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment