Friday, March 27, 2015

"Silkworm" by Robert Galbraith


18214414
This is the second novel in J.K. Rowling's crime series. I reviewed the first one last year (you can it read it here). Cormoran Strike is great as ever at solving a twisted murder mystery. This novel is a great read, very well written. My only problem with the book is that some sections towards the end seemed unnecessarily slow. I also had a couple of problems with the final scene when the killer is revealed. Specifically, in the beginning when the murder case just began, Strike unequivocally states that the killer needed to have some anatomical/medical training in order to execute the murder. However, once the killer was revealed nothing was said about the person's medical/anatomical background. Perhaps I missed it, and if so then it was not emphasized enough. I did not go back looking for the information, so it might have been mentioned at some point. However, since we do not know who the killer is until very end, I feel like this point should have been explained. Overall, I enjoyed the book very much and am looking forward to more Cormoran Strike stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment