Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year - New Reading Goals

Happy New Year, everybody! Looking back, 2014 was a great reading year for me. I had originally set a goal of 60 books to read over the course of 12 months, and ended up reading 65! One convenient way to do this is to set a reading challenge on www.goodreads.com. You can check my list here. Also, looking over the books I read, I am very happy with the range of genres I covered. I read biographies, non-fiction, literary fiction, fantasy, adventure, classics, sci-fi, dystopias, children's literature, young adult contemporaries, etc - quite a selection, overall.

For 2015, I am setting a goal of reading 70 books. I know I will be reading some shorter books so 70 should be doable for me. I am not going to compile a list of specific books I will be reading, but I do want to cover several specific kinds of books.

First of all, in 2014 I had planned on reading three classics, I ended up reading only one. So I definitely want to read more classics in 2015.

Second, looking over the list of books I read, I am sad to note that I read no books in Russian (the language I grew up speaking). I will therefore definitely try to pick a Russian book.

I also want to read a biography or two as I always enjoy them.

I would like to read at least one book written entirely in verse.

Finally, I have several series that I've been planning to read for a while, so will try to get through some of those as well.

As usual, I will review the books that move me on this blog. Here is to another great reading year!

No comments:

Post a Comment