Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Hush-Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick


6339664
The Hush-Hush saga is a fallen angels YA series. Before I started reading this series, I looked at reviews on goodreads.com and was surprised by the number of negative reviews that this book received. However, any positive comments included really high praise for the work. Naturally, I had to read the series that can elicit such critical and extolling comments at the same time.  It sounds like people either loved it or hated it: no middle ground.

I was also surprised that some readers felt this book was very much like Twilight. I have to admit I have read the Twilight series and, the Hush-Hush books are nothing like Twilight. Sure, there is a boy and a girl in the story, but the comparison ends there. The Hush-Hush books are action-packed page-turners. Patch is no Edward, and Nora is nothing like Bella Swan. The books are entertaining and allow the reader to lose him/herself in the story - these are precisely the reasons why I read books like these. It is a form of escape and enjoyment. In that sense, they are great reads. The story line is not boring and the twists and turns are not predictable. So if you are looking at reviews trying to decide whether to read these books or not, I'd say go for it. Read the first book and see what you think. And speaking of comparisons, I liked this series much more than Fallen, another popular fallen angels series.

No comments:

Post a Comment