Saturday, January 21, 2023

"A Dowry of Blood" by S.T. Gibson

A Dowry of Blood has been quite popular recently. It is basically a vampire romance, but the vampires are akin to those you find in Dracula or Interview with the Vampire. I have never read the former and I was not a fan of the latter. There is something about vampires that deeply disgusts me. I guess I do not find blood drinking or playing with victims to be attractive or sensual. The book is beautifully written. It is written as a letter from a female vampire to her sire/husband. Because many passages are so reverent, the language is often almost biblical. Overall, I definitely agree with those who consider this to be a beautifully written story. However, I am not fan of the characters, the plot or the subject matter. 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment