Saturday, March 21, 2020

"Aurora Rising" by Anne Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I started listening to this book on audio, but found myself so absorbed by the story that ended up checking out a hard copy from the library. I absolutely loved this book. It was funny, engaging, with lots of action and interesting characters; there is also a promise of a romance.

This book kept giving me the Guardians of the Galaxy vibes. There is a crew of misfits that is sent on a seemingly innocuous mission, just to find themselves at the center of an ancient intergalactic war. My favorite character by far is Kal, a stoic Syldrathi warrior who feels an inexplicable Pull towards Auri, a human girl who drifted in what we would call a worm hole (the Fold in the book) for 200 years. 5 out of 5 stars. I will definitely read the sequel when it comes out in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment