Tuesday, August 20, 2019

"The Mother-Daughter Book Club" by Heather Vogel Frederick


4615009
I thought I would include something more lighthearted than the previous two reviews on this blog. In August, I picked up The Mother-Daughter Book Club at my local library. It was such a heart-warming read, that I definitely recommend it to all mothers and their daughters. The book is set in Concord, MA, the birthplace of Louisa May Alcott. There are a lot of references to Little Women (one of my all time favorite classics) and in fact this is the book the newly established book club picks to read.

Even though the book is truly lighthearted and cute, it also explores some tricky situations that middle school aged girls find themselves dealing with. Issues such as cliques, popularity, friendship and bullying are discussed in a very approachable and easy to discuss with kids manner. I think this could be a great audiobook for the entire family to listen to on a road trip, or if your daughter, little sister, granddaughter or niece likes to read, this is a perfect book to read and discuss together. 5 out of 5 stars - I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment