Thursday, December 30, 2021

My 2021 in Books


Every year around this time, I take a look at my reading stats for the year. 

In 2021, I read 125 books - fewer than last year, but more than my goal of 100. 

My most read genre was fantasy - 51 books. 

I read 44 books from the library, 16 ARCs and 65 books from my own library. 

In terms of medium: 45 were in paper, 36 e-books and 44 audiobooks. 

I also did meet my goals of reading at least 5 classics (read 9), and 10 non-fiction books (read 11).

One area where I did not do well was finishing some series. I only finished off 3, one of which was a re-read.

Looking ahead, I do want to keep up reading of classics and work on finishing some series. Finally, I think I am going to make a real effort not to buy books outside of the subscription boxes and ongoing series. I have a great local library and an audiobook subscription service so should be able to easily get pretty much anything I'd want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment