Monday, May 17, 2021

"The Soulmate Equation" by Christina Lauren

This is my sixth novel from the writing duo that goes by the pen name of Christina Lauren. They mostly right in the romance genre, although granted, several of their books veer more heavily towards women's fiction. In fact, some romance readers feel that their books are not steamy enough. I think I am on the opposite end of this. I tend to like their more emotional, grounded in life stories better. Out of the 6 books I read, four were five star reads, and two I rated at 3 stars. The Soulmate Equation is by far my favorite from them. In fact, this is the book that kept me up reading till 3AM on a Monday morning. And yes, I had no regrets even though I only got 3 hours of sleep and had a pretty tough workday ahead of me.

The Soulmate Equation is about two people who unexpectedly get matched via a new dating app that uses DNA as the basis for matching applicants. Jess is a single mother struggling to keep up with the bills, and River is the founder of the company and the brains behind this new genetic matching app. As I mentioned, I found the story hard to put down. The characters in this book are amazing and so relatable. There is something very cozy and heartwarming about Jess's relationship with her grandparents and her daughter. Her relationship with River is super intense and is in equal part hate to love and instant attraction. I think this is a perfect book for getting out of a reading slump. And for readers who are like me and prefer more complex, grounded in life romance stories, this one will not disappoint. 5 out of 5 stars.

An e-ARC was provided by NetGalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment