Saturday, August 29, 2020

"Well Met" by Jen DeLuca

In summer, I always want to read fluffy romcom novels preferably set by the sea or even better on an island. This year I picked up "Well Met" by Jen DeLuca. The setting wasn't nautical but just as appropriate - a small town Renaissance Faire. 

I ended up really enjoying this book. With all the stress and weirdness that 2020 has brought, it was nice to immerse myself in a book that makes you laugh me laugh and feel happy and gooey inside. It is an enemy to lovers story (the trope I absolutely love - thank you Mr. Darcy!). The two main characters are volunteers at a local Renaissance Faire and as they start acting the part of young lovers for the benefit of Faire patrons, the romance starts spilling over into their real lives. There is lots of banter, heart-warming moments and overall, this book made a couple of my evenings very enjoyable. I highly recommend it. 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment