Wednesday, July 10, 2019

2019 Mid-Year Reading Goals Check-In

Since we are halfway through 2019, it is a good time to check on my reading goals for the year and see how I am doing. This year, I decided to keep it pretty simple and have only set 3 goals for myself. So let's see how I've done so far!

Goal 1: Read the books I want to read
I have definitely tried to read only the books I was excited about. I have been pretty selective about the ARCs I request and read. I have also stopped pushing myself to read bookclub picks that I was not particularly interested in. So I would say, I've been doing great in this area.

Goal 2: Read 80 books in 2019
As of the end of June, I've read 50 books so I am definitely on track to meet the overall goal for the year. I do, however, have plans to read some large books in the second half of the year.

Goal 3: Read more classics.
For this goal, I have 12 specific challenges to help make this goal more achievable, and I have so far met 7 of them (and read 7 classics!). Here is the full list of challenges and progress to date:
1. 19th century classic - not yet
2. 20th century classic - DONE, Jack London Call of the Wild (1903)
3. Classic by a female author - DONE, Elizabeth Gaskell North and South
4. Classic in translation - DONE, Charles Dickens Great Expectations (I read it in Russian)
5. Classic comedy - not yet
6. Classic tragedy - DONE, Alexander Kuprin Olesya
7. Very long classic - no yet
8. Classic novella - DONE, Alexander Kuprin The Garnet Bracelet
9. Classic from the Americas (includes Caribbean) - not yet
10. Classic from Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia) - DONE, Miles Franklin My Brilliant Career (Australia)
11. Classic from the place you've lived - DONE, Alexander Grin The Scarlet Sails (USSR)
12. Classic play - not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment