Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Checking in on my 2017 reading goals

2017 Reading Goals
End of 2017 Status
Read 85 books in 2017
Achieved. In fact, I exceeded this goal by a wide margin. As of today, I’ve read 127 books in 2017. I will probably read one more by December 31.
Read 5 non-fiction books
This year was the first time I did really well in terms of reading non-fiction: 10 books were completed towards this goal.
Finish off 5 series that I already started
I completed 7 series which I had started prior to 2017 and two more were started and completed in 2017.
Read 10 classics
This is the goal I did not complete. I only read 2 classics this year.
Review 10 ARCs
Completed. I read and reviewed 13 ARCs.
Specific books to read in 2017
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
Failed miserably. I did not read any of these.
Specific authors to read in 2017
Vladimir Nabokov
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Charles Dickens
Truman Capote
John Steinbeck
Failed as well. I only read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

Out of 127 books, 63 were from my local library. In addition, I only read 6 books in Russian, the rest were all in English. Overall, I am very happy with the number and the quality of books I read this past year. Since, I started this blog and became active on Goodreads, my reading has definitely increased. Here is a simple chart to illustrate this point:




No comments:

Post a Comment