Wednesday, August 2, 2017

"The List" by Patricia Forde


33846933
I did not have high expectations going into this book based on some reviews I saw. But I ended up really enjoying it. It is a dystopian YA story set in a post-apocalyptic world where only a handful of people survived (or so they think) and the dictator in charge thinks that language is the root of all human problems. He thus limits the vocabulary that people can use to only a few useful words. The main protagonist Letta is a wordsmith's apprentice and unlike others in this society has access to a large vocabulary and can read and write. One day something happens that makes her re-think her loyalty to their way of life. She begins doubting, searching and uncovers some dark secrets, which sets her life on a completely different path.

The book is fast-paced, I liked the main character and overall enjoyed the story. 4 out of 5 stars.

I read an e-ARC of this novel provided by Netgalley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment