Saturday, February 11, 2017

"The Fate of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen


22698569
This is the final book in the Queen of the Tearling trilogy, an adult fantasy series which I've been following for the past couple of years. I read the first two books almost immediately after they came out, and I was really excited to find out how the story ends.

In this installment, we follow Queen Kelsea into Mortmesne, where she is being taken as the Red Queen's prisoner. Kelsea continues having visions/fugues in which she is transported to the early days of the Tearling, and sees where things went wrong with William Tear's utopia. Without spoiling the story, I should say that if you liked the first two books in the trilogy, you will definitely enjoy the third. We learn more things about the various characters in the story as well as the history of the Tearling. In addition, Kelsea true to herself continues on her mission to save her country. The ending was wholly satisfying. I really liked how Johansen wrapped everything up. I must say though, book 2 remains to be my favorite. 5 out of 5 stars from me to book 3. I hope Erika Johansen is writing more books!

No comments:

Post a Comment