Monday, October 17, 2016

"The Last Star" by Rick Yancey


16131489
The Last Star is the conclusion of Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave trilogy. As I wrote in my reviews of the first two books, I have really been enjoying following the story, and the first two books were excellent. When I started reading the third book, I quickly realized that I needed to go back and reread the first two. Some details and secondary characters were fuzzy for me and I felt like I was not getting all the references. So I reread the first two books (still excellent, no complaints there), and finally dove into the third one. I read it in three days and must say that Yancey wrote a very satisfying and realistic conclusion to the trilogy. I cannot recommend it enough. I know the first book was really popular and then lots of readers were disappointed in the second one. Personally, I liked all three. Having just read all of them back to back, I must say that the story flows flawlessly from book to book. There is outstanding character development, and as I already said, a very satisfying conclusion. So if you like end-of-the-world, alien invasion type stories, you should give this trilogy a go. I also think the first book might give an erroneous impression that it is a YA romance story. It is not. There is very little romance especially in books 2 and 3. Five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment