Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han


This book is about three sisters whose mother had died when they were little and they live with their dad.  The oldest sister goes away to college, so the middle one - Lara Jean - has to be the "big sister" now, take care of 9-year old Kitty, be responsible, get over her fear of driving and yes, deal with some boy drama among other things. Lara Jean never had a boyfriend but she was in love several times - five times to be exact. Every time she wanted to get over a crush, she wrote him a letter, sealed and addressed the envelope and put the letter in a hatbox that her mother had given her a long time ago. This was her way of letting those unrequited infatuations go and move on. Well, one day, soon after her sister leaves for college, her letters get mailed by someone, and all of a sudden the quiet and day-dreaming Lara Jean has a lot of drama in her life...

I loved this book. It is so sweet and heart-warming, I literally could not put it down. It also made me happy and reminded me of all the good things about being a teenager. I loved reading about the Song sisters relationship. It's one of those books that you don't want to end and yet you can't stop reading. If you are feeling sad or down, read this book. It'll make you happy - it sure put me in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment